Monday, April 30, 2012

Theives, Emo girl, Whatever.

So I haven't been on here in a couple of days,  Things were going pretty good with work, kids and life.  You may have read in a previous post about me exhausting certain people out of my life that had made a habit of taking advantage of me and my family.  I thought I was done doing that but last night I was proved wrong.

Lately Mark and I have been helping a friend of ours ( we will call him Joe) who is going through a hard time.  We both have know Joe for like 15-16 years.  Mark ran into him at the store after not seeing him in a while and invited him over for dinner and to hang out to catch up and talk of old times.  Joe would come over every so often and do this very thing, talk with Mark, laugh with me and the kids and usually I would make dinner for all of us during these visits.  Joe also told us of hard times he has run into in recent days as in losing his job, his relationship ended an just being depressed.  He expressed he had missed us and appreciated us being there for him during his tough times.  We also helped him with small amounts of money he needed to get by on.  He had always been a great friend in the past and we was happy to help him and in a million years never would have thought of him as a thief.

The past few times he has been over I noticed small amounts of money coming up missing.  I didn't think anything of it.  I thought maybe I misplaced 20 dollars here or 10 dollars there.  Or I assumed Mark took it needing money for lunch or cigarettes at work.  Although we are not loose with money at all and live pay check to pay check I just didn't think anything about the missing money and would justify it.  I never thought to just ask Mark and he never thought to ask me about some money coming up missing from his own wallet, we just assumed it was the other needing it.  I thought this strange whenever the money would come up missing, but didn't sweat it.  I'm never broke and get by so I'm not going to care about 10 or 20 dollars enough to interrogate Mark if he needed it and he thought the same with me. Yesterday I noticed that a jar we keep cash in had a good build up of change and bills.  This jar is something we just throw loose money in whether it be change or actual cash because 9 times out of ten, we don't use cash. We normally use debit cards.  Whenever a good amount is in these jars, I count it up and depending on the amount I either just put it in our kids bank account or I pay a bill with it.  There was 149 dollars in this jar after I counted it out.  My electric bill is 130 so I was like hell yea I'll pay the electric with it and we will have that extra money in the bank we won't have to spend.  I put the money back in the jar and place it back on the entertainment center. 

Last night, Joe calls Mark to hang out and Mark gladly says sure and he would pick him up.  Having friends again has helped Mark immensely as well since on his path to wellness.  So Mark goes and picks him up and they do what they do, vent about work and life and play video games and play with the kids.  He stays a couple of hours and later in the night Mark takes him home and Mark informs me he was running to the store to get some stuff for his fish tank and asked if I needed anything.  I say no and tell Joe goodbye along with a hug and hope to see you again soon.  Shortly after Mark leaves, I decide to get into the money jar again and go ahead to get it together to take into work to get a money order for the electric bill before I get off work tomorrow.  When I look at the jar it seemed off from the way I left it.  The lid wasn't on like I had it and the money seemed depleted a bit.  I count it.  60 dollars is missing.  I call Mark and ask if he took it to use at the store and he said no he was going to use the debit card like he always does.  Now I'm mad.  Its apparent our old friend stole money off us.  No one else had been in my house and I just counted it so I know it didn't happen prior.  I'm now pissed.  Joe was a person we thought highly of and always had a lot of respect for.  I nor Mark would never of thought of him a thief.  He never stolen anything off us in the past.  I started thinking about the chump change coming up missing.  Ironically, but I'm not 100 percent sure, this money would come up missing after visits with Joe.  Now...I'm furious.  We just helped him out with money.  Why would he feel the need to steal?  All he had to do was ask.  Also how can you be so nonchalant about stealing off of someone who has helped you and you are compelled to do it not once....but several times without blinking an eye?  I don't know who I can trust anymore.  This was a slap in the face so to speak. It hurt that who I thought was a good friend would take from me and my family.

I vent on facebook about it without saying what happened.  I am quite vague at times on there when venting.  I do it a lot and can be quite depressing or down in my status updates.   Its normal for me and people don't think anything of it, they assume nothing is wrong I'm just being emo.  This bothers me a bit too.  Even while emo, and despite this theft, any other time I vent or being "emo" it doesn't mean I'm venting or upset about nothing.  People who I thought knew me better even assumed nothing was wrong with me, I was just being down as always.  So...I'm always down for no reason now?  Just because I vent, upset, depressed or down doesn't mean there isn't reason behind it.  There usually is, even if it may be stupid or menial to them.  I would have thought my better friends, my best friends would know this.  It wasn't until I came out and said someone had stolen money off me when they were concerned and then my phone was being blown up with texts and calls wondering who did it and why and if I was ok or going to do anything about it.  I just felt like hey,  lets ignore her when she is down for the most part...(hell I've even gotten rude or snarky comments over my status updates before along with a few encouraging words of things getting better)... but hey now that something happened that we feel is a real reason lets make sure she is ok.  I'm not mad about it.  I'm grateful for their concern, but it still stung a little.  I guess its my own fault, I've even stated I am down too much and I'm emo and probably get on peoples nerves.  I always get a no everyone needs to vent...it helps. I just feel even more alone now knowing thats how people think of me.

Whatever.  :/

Anyways thats about all for today.  I'm spent.




No comments: