Wednesday, April 18, 2012

National Bad Parenting day??

So today I observed many parents just doing....very stupid things with their children. It all started this morning at work when a woman came in with her 2 children. These kids were bouncing off the walls and she was screaming at them. As a parent myself...I usually keep my opinions to myself because bad days happen and you never know the whole story as an outsider, plus...they aren't my kids. I care about all children and want all to be treated well, but also as a parent it just sometimes sucks when someone puts their nose where it doesn't belong when they just don't know the kind of day you are having. Anyway..this woman was screaming at her children to be quiet, to shut up, to stop running to come here blah blah blah. All this screaming she really isn't doing anything else to disciplin them. She grabs a few junk food items and 3 Mt. Dews. Once again. I try not to judge. I've been there on the go and all that has been on hand was crap food to feed your kids. One thing I don't give them is pop. I feel its bad for kids and most places usually have some form of juice on hand, but I could care less what people normally let their kids have or don't have. Its none of my business. This woman is still screaming at her kids then turns around to me calling them filrthy brats and she can't believe how they are acting. All they do is what they want and don't care about her, they don't listen to anything she has to say.
The thing that bothered me was she was complaining so much about her children right there in front of them while not doing anything about their behavior in a public place. Um. Lady. Hello. If your children are THAT hyper, the last thing they need is pop...let alone My Dew. They also don't need sugar..on top of Mt Dew. That probably is part of the reason they are so wiry. Another would be your tactics in parenting and discipline. Lay down the fucking law man. You have to otherwise....yea...you would be bitching and stressed out in public. I felt bad for these kids to have such a childish and cold mom. Its a shame I see it everyday.

Second observation took place at the kids doctor's office. While waiting in the waiting room, this woman comes in with her little boy. She not only looked stoned, but also looked as though she has just gotten back from working with a pimp. Once again. I try not to judge. I don't care what people wear...its an identity and everyone has their own style. Not my place to judge when I dress oddly myself. But this woman had on a skirt that didn't even cover half of her ass. You could clearly see her light blue underwear. Did I mention that she had either one...leaked through while menstrating or two just didn't care or realize she has started her rag? It was plainly...everywhere on herself. Side note. She didn't have to bend over what so ever for others to see this either. I felt bad for her kid. The example set for him is blurred already about women in my eyes. I can't fathom going out in public this way. I'm pretty modest except for some cleavage showing. The lack of morals and self respect in society today scares me.

Last but not least, on the journey home from the doctors I witnessed a couple walking together on the sidewalk beside one of the busiest streets in town....while their toddler (2 MAYBE 3 years old) walking nearly 10 feet behind them. They turn around and yell at him to hurry up.
WTF? Really? What if the kid wondered into the street? What if someone stopped and grabbed him? What if he fell and simply got hurt? Would they have kept walking? How often does this kid get left alone or unattended while at home? Once again. I felt for this child. My kids are ALWAYS by my side when we are out and about. If walking Lucian is always in a stroller while Breanna holds onto the handle. If there is no stroller I have each babies hand. This one..I will judge..highly. If you can't keep your kid around..basically asking for something bad to happen, then you don't need fucking kids. Period.

That is my rant for the day. The rest of my day went normally. Work, doc appointments...life.

I wonder if he misses me. I miss him. A lot :( I still feel broken.

No comments: