Thursday, February 12, 2009

The woes of pregnancy

Ok so yesterday was one of the worst days ever. But its alright now thank god man.
Yesterday morning I woke up with Breanna to do my daily routine which includes emptying my bladder when first waking up. When I went to pee I noticed I had some weird goowey brown stuff coming out of my no no area. I started to worry a bit so I called my OBGYN to let them know what was going on. They basically told me to take it easy and gave me instructions which was more or less bed rest. I did the best I could with hardly doing anything which is a challenge when you already have a toddler running around but for the most part except checking on Breanna and making her food I sat on my ass all day. Later on Breanna and i took a late nap waking up at around 9.30 pm. I go to relieve myself yet again and this time I'm bleeding. Not spotting but straight up bleeding profusely. I'm panicked. I'm afraid of miscarrying since I have before and the fact I was alone at home. I call Mark at work crying telling him to please come home. He is home within a few minutes. In the mean time Mark's uncle Johnny and his girl Jen came over to sit with me. They happened to knock on the door at the right time cause I was in hysterics. Breanna probably thought mommy was insane. Anyhoo. Jen takes Mark and I to the emergency room while Breanna went to stay the night with Mark's brother. During this visit to the hospital my poor vagina got insulted something terrible. I had blood drawn. a pap smear and an internal ultrasound which neither is a pick nick let me tell you. I'm worried and in pain but the bleeding had slowed down alot and was beginning to stop. Come to find out the baby is ok. Everything seemed in order with the pap smear and the ulrasound. No weird fluids were seen and the baby was healthy with a heart rate of 174. My cervix was closed and there didn't seem to be any previous openings to cause the bleeding. All they could really tell me was I had a "threatened miscarriage" which is what they call any bleeding during pregnancy. I asked the doctor since the baby was fine what could cause it and she said there was really no way of telling exactly what but she gave me some ideas as to why. One of them being sex. Sometimes when the uterus during pregnancy is swelling and there is movement sometimes during sex you can hit a blood vessel, or I had basically a small period meaning there was stuff left over that needed to come out which I suppose is actually a good thing. SO in the end the baby is fine. I am put on bed rest until I see my doctor and get further instructions. No sex no nothing. I'm extremely sore today and am hoping for the best. So for your viewing pleasure I have pictures of my first ultrasound showing I am 8 weeks and 2 days along. Oh and I think I am going to call it munchkin until I find out the sex...Breanna was thrilled to see the gummibear size picture of her little brother or sister. YAY!





1 comment:

*mary* said...

That is scary!
I'm glad everything is okay. I TOLD YOU to take it easy. Now you have a doctor's excuse! Yay!
Cute Munchkin/ Gummibear.