Tuesday, November 25, 2008

let it snow..wait...

it doesn't snow here..i live in florida...with christmas around the corner i quite miss it...anyhoo that being said I'm trying to prepare for christmas...buying gifts for breanna all though i have no money to really do so but somehow Ive been able to get her a few simple gifts on a really really tight budget...also in this tight budget I'm trying to figure out how to make some homemade decorations..seems as though my imagination is lacking these days though..i have a tree and some decorations for it from last year..but i still don't have many...i really want to make the house cheery without having to go out and buy a shit load of stuff...any ideas anyone who may be reading this?..so far Ive come up with making beaded candy canes and wreaths...Ive looked up online for ideas and found alot.but it requires stuff i would still have to go out and buy the stuff to make it which unfortunately usually is expensive. i do however have a paper plate idea from the good ole grade school years...making snow men and reindeer with them and basically drawing or gluing on construction paper faces..this idea I'm going to do for breanna something she would enjoy helping me with..."sigh" i hate the holidays. its nothing but a big hassle over something i don't even believe in so why do i even bother?..well because i have a child and i want her to have a nice christmas. ( yes I'm thinking yet writing to myself...can we say odd?) i hope all comes along ok....still hoping to find a job...the donut pirates have yet to call me.i guess I'm going to go there tomorrow and see about my application..hopefully they have pity on me...

1 comment:

*mary* said...

I know, dude. I tried starting back in July yuet somehow Xmas has creeped up on me anyway. Umm, I remember back in the day people would string up popcorn for their tree garland. Other than that I have no idea. I haven't really decorated much yet either. I have a little tree that my parens gave me because I don't know how Violet will do with a big one. I can just see her pulling it over on herself. I'm still trying to Ebay but jeez, shipping is so much noone wants to pay it!